Please help us get the word out about this important event!
Mayor Edward B. Murray, Councilmember Bruce Harrell, and the City of Seattle Office of Immigrant & Refugee Affairs cordially invites you to this Seattle Community Forum titled, “Justice for Children of Filipino World War II Veterans.”
On July 2015, the White House announced that children of Filipino World War II veterans will be granted permission to come live and work in the U.S.
The Filipino American community and supporters are invited to this forum featuring Mayor Ed Murray, state & federal representatives, and community members to learn more about this important visa policy change. More background on the visa policy here: http://www.advancingequality.org/news-media/news/press-release-white-house-will-allow-children-filipino-world-war-ii-veterans-live.
Please help us spread the word so that Filipino WWII veterans and their families from all over the Puget Sound region will be able to attend. You can use the attached flyer to inform the community about this important event.
You can also RSVP at the Facebook event page and post the page link on your own feed: https://www.facebook.com/events/1630755000497477/
Wednesday, August 19, doors open at 5:30pm for mingling with program from 6-7pm.
Panel discussion with Mayor Ed Murray
• Mayor Edward B. Murray
• Councilmember Bruce Harrell
• Seattle Office of Immigrant & Refugee Affairs
• White House Initiative for Asian Pacific Islander Americans
• U.S. Representative Adam Smith (WA 9th District)
• Washington State Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs
• Washington State Office of Refugee & Immigrant Assistance
• Filipino Community of Seattle
• Filipino War Veterans of Washington
• International Drop-In Center
• Philippine Scouts Heritage Society
• Filipino-American Widows of Washington
• OCA-Asian Pacific American Advocates, Greater Seattle Chapter
• BAYAN PNW
Please contact Joaquin Uy at 206.684.0155